Rent a canoe at Køge Å
Experience our old town from the waterside. Take an idyllic canoe trip down the river, that runs through the centre.
Welcome to VisitKøge's canoe rental
Sailing on Køge Å is a must-see experience when visiting Køge, perfect for both adults and children. You can rent a canoe from the idyllic backyard of our office, and experience Køge from the water's side. You can sail out to the harbour, or past our nearby manor Gl. Kjøgegaard in 1 hour and 45 minutes sailing in beautiful surroundings.
Price: DKK 200 per canoe
Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Distance: You can sail 2 km to Gl. Kjøgegaard and 0.5 km to the harbour. A total of 5 km. It fits perfectly with the time to reach in both directions.
We provide life jackets and paddles. The life jackets range from 10 kg upwards. You are welcome to bring your own food and drinks on the boat, and you do not need any special shoes or practical clothing, other than a sun hat and a little sunscreen.
Storage of belongings: As the garden is public area, so we recommend that you bring all belongings on board the canoe.
There must be a minimum two of you who sail the canoe (one over 18). A canoe can hold a maximum of three adults, or two adults and two children.
Vestergade 3C, 4600 Køge (just in the corner of Køge Torv) follow the blue canoe signs through the blue gate to the right of the tourist office, down to the garden and the stream.
Your order is binding:
Be careful to choose the right date and time when you book. After the booking has been completed, the rights of cancellation are waived. Your order is binding and cannot be changed.
BOOK HERE (in Danish)
Good to know before you go sailing
The sun on the water is strong, so remember sunscreen and a hat.
- It is rarely windy on the river, so it gets nice and warm. You are therefore welcome to bring drinks on board.
- You are also welcome to bring your own food on board. Just remember to clean up after yourselves.
- Remember you must not enter the boat intoxicated.
- We recommend that you take all your belongings with you in the canoe. You are also welcome to put things under the bench in the garden, it is at your own risk.
- You won't get wet on the ride unless you fall in, and that hasn't happened to anyone in many seasons. So you can easily have your bags, mobiles etc. with in the canoe. It is of course at your own risk.
- Please note that there is no access to a toilet near the canoes. We refer to the public toilets on Nørregade, right by Torvet.